HCEC Assessment Documents

If you are at risk of losing your home or apartment, are homeless and need assistance with the move-in costs for an apartment, or need assistance with a utility arrearages you may qualify for financial assistance through Way Finders. We provide free housing assessments to determine eligibility for financial assistance. 

Even if you do not qualify for assistance internally, our dedicated staff will direct you to other community resources that may be able to help.

Learn more

Below is a list of documents you may be asked to provide to complete your assessment:

  • Birth Certificate of all household members
    • Long form for any dependent children
  • Social Security Cards of all household members
  • Picture ID for all adults in the household
  • Confirmation of Full-time Student Status if child is 18-20, if applicable
  • Any Type of Income Verification
    • Last 4 pay stubs OR Last 2 bi-weekly paystubs
    • Social Security
    • Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) cash and food stamps
    • Child Support payments
    • Pension or Annuity
    • Casual Labor
    • Letter stating zero income for anyone 18 or older who isn't working
    • Any other source of income
  • You MUST have a documented crisis/emergency
    • Doubled up-homeless letter
    • Failed inspection report
    • Board of Health condemnation order
    • Mortgage Arrearage
    • Rent Arrearage
    • Utility Arrearage
    • Loss of Income
  • Letter of Lead Compliance from potential landlord if there are children under 6-years of age.