IMPORTANT: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has changed the application process for emergency rental and mortgage assistance! Click here to learn more.

Click here to learn more about Rosewood Way, our newest development in Agawam!

You need a place to rent or you have questions or concerns about renting.

Way Finders is a resource to help you find and keep safe housing you can afford. We can help you find an apartment, provide some payment assistance if you qualify and help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a renter. If you live at a Way Finders property and have questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

If you are a Way Finders Rental Assistance Voucher participant and would like to report a loss or change in income, a new household member, removal of a household member, or a change to unreimbursed medical and/or child care expenses, please complete this Interim Recertification Request.

Your Next Steps

You need to find a home to rent

Way Finders manages more than 800 affordable apartments in Hampden and Hampshire Counties, including units for families, the elderly and disabled, and single person occupancy units. You can start your search for your next Way Finders home or other affordable rentals by visiting or the Housing Navigator.

PLEASE NOTE: The apartments Way Finders manages are affordable but most do not include rental subsidies. Way Finders does accept Section 8 and MRVP vouchers.

You need assistance paying your rent

If your family is struggling to make ends meet, monthly rent payments can be overwhelming. You shouldn’t have to choose between paying rent and putting food on the table. There is help available. There are government programs to fill in the gap between what you are able to pay and your total housing cost. You and your family deserve to live in a home that is safe and secure.

To get started:

  1. Learn about our HCEC services and when and where you can access them. 
  2. Gather all of your required documents.
  3. Meet with a homeless prevention counselor to determine eligibility. 

You’re in a challenging situation with your landlord

You have rights and responsibilities as a tenant. So do property owners/landlords. It’s helpful to understand what is required of you as a tenant and what is required of your landlord.

The basic rules for good tenant/landlord relationships are:

  • Be respectful of each other.
  • Stay in contact with one and another.
  • Put all agreements in writing.
  • Know your rights and responsibilities.

Way Finders is here to assist you if you have questions about rent increases, security deposits, fair housing rules, poor living conditions, or lead paint and other hazards. If you have a specific housing-related question or problem and don’t find the information you need on this web site, please contact the Way Finders directly at 413-233-1600 email your questions to or visit one of three Way Finders Housing Centers. See offices locations and hours here.

You live at a Way Finders property

If you rent your home from Way Finders, don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Way Finders respects your rights as a tenant and lives up to our responsibilities.

For an application, call 413-233-1705.

For emergency and routine repairs, call 413-233-1700.

To pay your rent, see your property manager or pay online.

Pay your rent

You have questions about fair housing laws

Housing discrimination is illegal under both state and federal law. Way Finders provides education, outreach, and counseling to both tenants and property owners to ensure everyone knows about their rights and responsibilities under the fair housing laws and to bring communities together. Learn more about Fair Housing Laws.

You are currently a Way Finders Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Participant

Way Finders works with families that are participating in our Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program to improve their economic self-sufficiency and provide information and support to help them move to and live in high opportunities areas. 

learn more

You have other questions or concerns

If you have other questions or concerns about renting a home, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

You want to rent at a Way Finders property

Way Finders is the largest developer of affordable housing in Western Massachusetts. We put great pride and dedication into the development and management of our apartments. If you would like to apply to live at one of our many affordable housing developments click the button below. 

Rent with Way Finders

You need to change your address on your rental assistance application

Choose one of these ways to let us know your address has changed:

1. Print out the form:

Click to download and print the form

Bring the completed form to a Way Finders Housing Center, or mail it to:

Way Finders
Attn: Rental Assistance Department
1780 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01103

2. Fill out the change of address form online:

Click to fill out the form online 


You can also view a full list of Way Finders Housing Services here.