Assistance for Renters and Homeowners

Housing Consumer Education Center Services

Way Finders serves at the regional Housing Consumer Education Center (HCEC) for Hamdpen and Hampshire counties and administers financial assistance for renter and homeowners. If your household resides outside of these counties, find your regional HCEC here. 

If you are at risk of losing your home or apartment, are homeless and need assistance with the move-in costs for an apartment, or need assistance with a utility shut-off you may qualify for financial assistance through Way Finders. We provide free housing assessments to determine eligibility for financial assistance and other services. 

Financial assistance funds can be used in a variety of ways, including: rent arrears, mortgage arrears, utility arrears, security deposits, move-in costs (first/last months rent), utility deposits, and more. 

Even if you do not qualify for assistance internally, our dedicated staff will direct you to other community resources that may be able to help. 

Financial Assistance During the COVID-19 State of Emergency

Program guidelines and requirements are flexible for individuals and families experiencing a COVID-19 related housing crisis. Even if you have been denied in the past or if you have used your maximum RAFT benefit in the past 12 months, you may be eligible for new programs.

Way Finders is conducting assessments online and by phone only until offices are re-opened to the public (stay updated at Please visit or contact 413-233-1600 to complete an assessment.

english flyer   spanish flyer

How assessment works

Way Finders assesses households on a first-come first-serve basis. Complete an assesment online or contact 413-233-1600 to complete an assessment over the phone. 

If you are in an immediate crisis such as you recently experienced a house fire and are displaced, your unit has been condemned or you are fleeing domestic violence, please contact or 413-233-1600 first and let us know.