IMPORTANT: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has changed the application process for emergency rental and mortgage assistance! Click here to learn more.

Click here to learn more about Rosewood Way, our newest development in Agawam!

How to move to western Massachusetts with your Section 8 certificate

Want to move to western Massachusetts?

You can move from any state to Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee or any other town in Hampden or Hampshire counties with your Section 8 voucher – as long as you request your current housing authority send your voucher and portability package to Way Finders at

Get started today! Have your current housing authority email your documents to

The portability package should include copies of immigration status and verification if applicable, Social Security cards and birth certificates for all your family members.  Also include income and asset information, such as bank statements, pay stubs, pension or social security award letters.

Once we receive your portability package, we will contact you. You can also request an appointment by email. Be sure to include your contact information. You are required to bring updated income information and evidence of eligible immigration status to your appointment.