Building Leaders Building Communities (BLBC)
Limited slots available. Residents of the North End and Mason Square neighborhoods are encouraged to attend.
Are you a Springfield resident seeking to organize community and improve public safety in your neighborhood? Are you interested in building leadership skills and making community change?
Take part in a FREE five-week series of online workshops and trainings—all presented in English with Spanish interpretation.
Topics to be covered include:
• Individual Strengths & Team Strengths
• Race, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion & Community Assets
• Discovering Our Leadership Styles & Forming Teams for Community Change
• Choosing and Defining Our Issues & Telling Our Story with Data
• SMARTIE Goal Setting & Celebrating and Moving Forward
The workshops will be led by Way Finders staff, resident leaders, and community partners. Participants build camaraderie, make community connections, and develop leadership and community organizing skills.
Open to residents of Springfield.
Workshops will take place weekly Tuesday evenings May 17th- June 14th, 5:30-8:30 pm (optional meet & greet 5-5:30 each week)