IMPORTANT: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has changed the application process for emergency rental and mortgage assistance! Click here to learn more.

Click here to learn more about Rosewood Way, our newest development in Agawam!

Preventing Homelessness

Concerned about losing your home?

Whether you own your home, rent your home or live with someone else—we are here to help. We know how scary the thought of losing your home can be. Know there is help and hope. Way Finders offers services and programs that help keep you in your home—or move you into a different home if you are living in an unstable or dangerous situation. Whether you need financial aid or a safe place to stay, please get in touch. We are here to support and guide you through these challenges.

Your Next Steps

Have your situation assessed and apply for assistance

If you are at risk of losing your home or apartment, are homeless and need assistance with the move-in costs for an apartment, or need assistance with a utility shut-off you may qualify for financial assistance through Way Finders. We provide free housing assessments to determine eligibility for financial assistance and other services. 

Even if you do not qualify for assistance internally, our dedicated staff will direct you to other community resources that may be able to help. 

learn more

If you own your own home and are at risk of foreclosure

1) Email a foreclosure counselor regarding your situation:

2) Call 413-233-1621 at any time to make an appointment

When you call or come to see a counselor, please have the following information ready:

  • Most current mortgage statement and any communication from your lender
  • 2 months of bank statements
  • 2 months of paystubs
  • 2 years of tax returns

If you rent your home and are at risk becoming homeless

If you receive rental assistance through Way Finders, contact your housing counselor.

If you do not receive rental assistance through Way Finders, contact us.

  • Visit a Way Finders Housing Center 

  • Call 413-233-1600 between the hours of 8:30am - 4:00pm.
    AQUI, SE HABLA ESPAÑOL. Llame a 413-233-1500

If you live with someone and you need to move out

There are many reasons why someone would need to move out. One may be it's a dangerous situation. If you are experiencing domestic violence or some other danger, please call 911 for police emergency or 413-733-7100 for the YWCA Abuse & Rape Crisis Hotline right now. Call any time, day or night.

For non-urgent assistance, contact us.

  • Visit a Way Finders Housing Center 

  • Call 413-233-1600 between the hours of 8:30am - 4:00pm.
    AQUI, SE HABLA ESPAÑOL. Llame a 413-233-1500

If you are looking for employment training and opportunities

Way Finders is an approved provider of programs that combine housing and employment services. The good news is these programs are easily and readily available. Thanks to programs like the Secure Jobs Initiative and SNAP Employment and Training hundreds of people have more stable housing and jobs. If you qualify to participate, you can, too. 

learn more

You can also view a full list of Way Finders Housing Services here.